Wednesday, December 05, 2007

hmmm...

I was thinking the other day about how important it is to keep records. By the other day I mean Thanksgiving. I was looking at all of Sydney’s notes for cooking and getting things ready for Thanksgiving Day. I asked her if she needed to keep them and she said that she holds on to them for references for following years. It reminded me of a woman I work with who keeps amazing records but of course only she can really read them.

This direction of thinking made me realize how much I wanted to keep record of things going on in my life, but not so much how to cook stuffing or how many tapes were used last June for Med IDs. Joshua is growing and changing so quickly that if I don’t keep record or track of what is going on I won’t remember. A couple months ago he learned to clap. Then he stopped dong that so much and now he makes a funny noise with his mouth and nose trying to copy me. He likes his toasted oats now and is still struggling with his toy table but is getting the hang of bouncing to move around it.

I just want to encourage people to write things down: thoughts, feelings, experiences. It is great how much I am able to remember things better when I write them down, and I can always go back and look to see exactly when things happened.

With this being said I hope to keep up better with this blog… but we’ll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home