Saturday, December 29, 2007

Was yesterday Monday?

First of all: Merry Christmas. I may write more about that later. Yesterday started out very much like a Monday. First Amanda and I were woken up by the phone ringing. I don't know if it was good or bad though that no one was on the other line when Amanda answered the phone. Then later I got up with Joshua and noticed something with my eye. To the upper and lower left of my left eye the vision was very blurry. This was happening for about 10 minutes or so and starting to freak me out. My eye doctor said that these are early signs of a torn retina. So Amanda called the doctor and got me an appointment for that afternoon.

This is what Joshua is doing while I write this.



To keep my mind off the appointment I decided to still go to work. My eye had by this point returned to normal, but I still wanted to get it checked out. I got to work at 9:45 and was just getting settled when I saw that my cell phone was ringing. I didn’t recognize the number but I answered it anyway incase it was the doctor. It was Amanda…she’d locked herself out…with Joshua still inside. Fortunately I work 5 minutes away and was home quickly to let her back in. Even more fortunate is that Joshua slept through the whole ordeal.

I got back to work at 10:15 and was able to get some of the end of month jobs underway. I came home early (3:15) to get ready for the doctor and saw the Comcast Technician here (who was supposed to be here between 10 and 12). We need a new jack installed in the dining room so we can rearrange furniture. He was saying that he wouldn’t be able to do the job but called in for back up. Two other guys ended up showing up and said that it could be done, but by this point we had to leave to the doctor’s office and Comcast’s policy is that someone be there so they couldn’t get it done.

I sure am glad yesterday was really Friday and not Monday.

And the doctor said my eye was fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home