Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sleep like a baby

This is a cliché that I have been thinking about recently. To me it generally means I slept well. I didn’t have any background with babies or how they slept – except when I was a baby and I don’t remember back then – until Joshua was born. After having a baby of my own I take it to mean that you woke up every two hours crying and wanting to be rocked, shushed, or fed warm milk to be put back to sleep. Let me just say that I hope I never sleep like a baby again.

2 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Mandapanda said...

who says you don't?

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger treen said...

Or rather, you want to sleep like MY baby instead of your own. Rosemary could sleep through a hurricane and an earthquake and major thunderstorms, all at the same time. When she wants to sleep, she SLEEPS. It's almost like she's comatose - no amount of poking and prodding will wake her up, even when it's been hours since she ate last and I'm about ready to bust needing to feed her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home