Friday, March 07, 2008

HOT!!!

Last night Amanda was gone for the evening so it was a boy’s night in. We ate early and went for a walk and brought in our vacationing neighbor's garbage can. While on the walk Joshua ate more as though he hadn't eaten in hours. We got back home and hung out for a while before Joshua needed his bath. I got everything ready and then started filling the tub with Joshua in it. I realized at that point that I hadn’t gotten a towel for him yet. They are in his bathroom in a cupboard and so I wanted to go and grab one, but I just don’t trust Joshua with running water.

Once the tub was full I handed Joshy the shower hose and made my way the cupboard and back. Joshy watched me the whole time and did nothing he shouldn’t have done. He’s been reaching for the faucet a lot lately and I was worried he might try to stand up in there.

I’ve heard stories of people that leave their children in the tub for just a moment to run to the neighbors and upon returning find a child in hot water. I don’t want to do that, so I won’t leave Joshy in the tub by himself. As I was rinsing Joshua off with the hose he grabbed the temperature adjuster and turned it to hot. I grabbed him up so fast he didn’t know what was going on. Of course I hadn’t put the towel over my shoulder yet so I got all wet. I guess I didn’t need to leave him in there to get his towel.
I sternly told him no, so hopefully he doesn’t think I was being funny. Then I tickled him a lot and put him to bed. All in all we had a good time together.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Captain said...

I love hearing how much you love Joshua. Keep the storys to read to him or let him read them when he gets older.

Love ya :p)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home