Friday, March 14, 2008

Unbefreakinlievable!

This past Sunday we were worried about what sort of effect the time change would have on Joshua’s nap schedule. We were thinking that he would still be on the same time, just an hour different now. We were just getting Sunday mornings situated with the church time change at the beginning of the year, and now we had another change to deal with. It used to be Joshua would go down for his nap close to 10, get up around 11:30 for lunch and we’d get to church (sometimes a bit late) at 12:30. With the time change we figured he’d be an hour off so we’d be late for church or have a cranky baby.

Amanda had to teach a Young Women class so she got a ride to church and I would show up after Joshua ate lunch. We put Joshua in his crib and Amanda and I took turns going in there and trying to get him to sleep until 12:15 when Amanda left and I finally got him at 1 to eat lunch. No nap still.

He was in his high chair for about an hour and then played until around 2:45. Finally I got him to fall asleep and laid him in his crib. Before I left the room someone knocked loudly on the door wanting to view an apartment. Joshy woke right up and wanted to come with us.

After that I calmed Joshy down one more time and got him to sleep finally at 3pm which is usually when he is waking up from his second nap, not going down for his first.

The other day Amanda and I were dressing Joshua after his bath. Joshua has a dry bum so we put Vaseline on him before we put his diaper on. He loves to crawl away from us so this time I was holding him and Amanda was applying the Vaseline. I had a hold of his legs but referred to them as his back legs. Did Amanda give birth to an animal? I hope not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home