Monday, September 18, 2006

post 24

Last Saturday Amanda and I went to the coast with two different agendas. Amanda's was to spend money, and mine was to clean a beach. It was Oregon’s semiannual beach cleanup. I have never gone to it before. Amanda dropped me off and went to the outlet mall, while I got to work picking up garbage. I don’t usually do this type of thing, not that I am against cleaning beaches, I just don’t usually make the time to go and do it. The reason I did do it was to fulfill an assignment for my environmental science class. So it wasn’t just out of the goodness of my heart.
Well I spent about an hour and a half walking down to this giant cliff, and then an hour coming back. Then I spent the last half hour going the other direction on the beach. It was going this direction that I saw some people standing around a dark mound. It turned out to be a dead sea lion. I don’t know how it died, but it was pretty sad to look at.
It didn’t rain too much on me, but there sure was wind. I think the weirdest thing I put into my bag was a half buried blanket, that I unburied. I was “smart” enough to unbury it at the beginning of the pickup and carry it with me for 2½ hours. What was I thinking?
Well I was successful at my agenda, and Amanda was at hers. If you want to hear about that though, you have to ask her.

skip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home